Allsup Medicare Advisor® FAQs
More aboutAllsup Medicare Advisor®
Allsup Medicare Advisoris a fee-based Medicare plan selection service designed to help people who are eligible for Medicare – whether due to disability or age – choose the Medicare option that best meets their needs.
1. What is included inAllsup Medicare Advisor?
Whether you opt to have us research all your available options or prefer to have us focus in on Medicare Part D with or without Medigap,Allsup Medicare Advisorgives you:
- Access to our Medicare specialists who will research your options;
- One-to-one support: we walk you through the process of deciding on a plan and enrolling in that plan;
- Education on how the different types of Medicare plans work;
- Options for added convenience, such as online access to theAllsup Medicare Advisorservice and our extensive resources; and
- A detailed report tailored to your needs, outlining your options.
2. Once I’ve chosen theAllsup Medicare Advisor,what happens?If you decide to use theAllsup Medicare Advisor,we’ll ask what you’re looking for in a Medicare plan, including which doctors you visit, prescription drugs you take, health conditions you may have and more.Then, we will research all the Medicare plans available to you, identifying those most likely to meet your needs from the dozens of plans usually available in a local area. After we’ve pinpointed the plans that fit your criteria, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive report highlighting those plans and will review it with you in detail, helping you enroll in a plan of your choice.
3. What information does theAllsup Medicare Advisorreport contain?
YourAllsup Medicare Advisorreport will include the following:
- Educational information so you can understand the Medicare plan types we've included in the report
- A summary page listing the plans in your area that are most likely to meet your stated needs
- Detailed charts listing the key features of your top three plans
- Next steps
4. Does Allsup recommend one type of Medicare plan over another?
Allsup understands that no one type of Medicare plan will work for everyone. While one person might find that a Medicare Advantage plan most closely meets their stated needs, a spouse or friend might find that a Medicare Part D plan works better for them. That’s why when you useAllsup Medicare Advisor , we:
- Educate you on your options
- Guide you through the decision-making process to help you make an informed decision
- Highlight those plans that most closely meet your stated needs
Advisorspecialist, you may email us, chat with us now or call us at (866) 521-7655.
5. Is it necessary to review my Medicare Advantage (MA) plan every year?
Medicare plan prices and availability change every year. And so might your healthcare needs. So a plan that was relatively inexpensive this year may be more expensive next year. Some plans may be discontinued completely. While it’s not required that you review all your options every year, we strongly recommend that you do so to make sure you’re getting the coverage that is right for you.
6. What if my circumstances change? For example, what happens if I move?
If you experience certain changes, you should have your Medicare options re-evaluated. Changes include:
- Moving outside the area your plan covers
- Traveling more
- Moving into or out of a long-term-care facility
- Becoming eligible for low-income subsidy
7. Do you have more information on Medicare?Yes, we have an extensive listing of frequently asked questions on our website. Click here for our Medicare FAQs.
If you’re not certain whether you should review your Medicare options again, don’t hesitate to contact us either via email or by calling (866) 521-7655.
The analysis and results produced by Allsup Medicare Advisor® are heavily based on the information provided by individual subscribers to the service. As such, Allsup assumes no liability resulting from inaccurate, incomplete, or invalid information provided by Allsup Medicare Advisor subscribers. Subscribers are also solely responsible for coordinating their Medicare coverage with any benefits and health insurance coverage offered through an employer or otherwise. Additionally, plan information provided in the report is obtained from the Medicare plans and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, which manages the plan data. Allsup is not liable for inaccurate, incomplete or invalid information supplied by Medicare or participating Medicare plans.
Allsup does not provide tax, legal, investment, insurance, financial planning or medical advice or counsel under the Allsup Medicare Advisor and related services. You are responsible for making all decisions with respect to the products or services you utilize under the Allsup Medicare Advisor, including but not limited to selecting a Medicare plan that best matches your needs, and for obtaining any personal tax, legal, investment, insurance, financial planning, medical or other advice or counsel that you believe is necessary or advisable with respect to such products or services. To review the full Allsup Medicare Advisor terms and conditions, visit www.amaterms.com. If you would like to have the terms and conditions mailed to you, please let us know and we will be happy to send you a copy. After you made your selection, Allsup or its subsidiary may or may not receive a commission from the plan provider you choose.