Financial Advisor Job Description - Edward Jones Careers
Prepare yourself for a brand new career - one where your success is completely in your hands. Edward Jones is a privately owned financial services leader with over 14,000 Financial Advisors in the United States and Canada and more than 90 years of serving individual investors. As an Edward Jones Financial Advisor, you will take charge of your career and your income as you form meaningful, long-term relationships with clients as you help them work toward their financial goals.
What is the role of a Financial Advisor?
- Deliver personalized investment solutions to help clients work toward their long-term financial goals
- Develop and deepen client relationships
- Build and manage an Edward Jones branch in your community
- A track record of professional success
- Relationship-building skills and commitment to establishing long-term clients
- Strong desire for performance driven compensation and growing earnings potential
- A self-motivated, highly driven and entrepreneurial personality
- Desire to work from an office in your community
- Ability to think critically and use sound judgment when serving clients
What can an Edward Jones Financial Advisor expect?
- Industry-leading training* to help you succeed in your new role
- Professional support to pass your Series 7, Series 66 and insurance licensing exams
- Financial support during exam study, training and the first three years as you grow your client base
- Unlimited earnings potential that includes commissions, bonuses, profit sharing and incentive travel
- Company-provided office in your community and a direct Branch Office Administrator support to help manage client services and marketing activities
- Ongoing business development training, mentorship and networking opportunities
- The ability to provide strategic and personalized insight for your clients with support from
a company that shares your integrity
- The opportunity to succeed with the flexibility to balance your personal life and work life
What are the preferred qualifications for the Financial Advisor role?
- College degree
- Ability to put the client first
- Strong communication skills
- Confident and resilient personality
- Ability to listen, understand and give advice
- Goal oriented at an individual and team level
In the role of Financial Advisor at Edward Jones, we’ll support you with resources and training to help you perform at your best from day one. Join an organization that is consistently recognized as a great place to work and places on FORTUNE magazine's FORTUNE 500 list of the largest U.S. companies by revenue. Discover the fulfillment of truly driving your own career in a company that respects your independence and ambition.
Apply now >
We value financial services experience
If you have past experience as a stockbroker, finance manager, financial adviser, financial consultant, wealth manager, investment banker, financial planner, investment advisor, investment consultant, investment representative, branch manager, broker or certified financial planner (CFP®), your experience could translate well to the financial advisor; opportunity at Edward Jones.
We also look for potential candidates who have experience in banking, accounting, real estate, hospitality, investment banking, insurance and sales. If you've held a job as an account manager, territory manager, sales manager, sales director, wholesaler, business development manager, business development coordinator, business development officer, area manager or regional manager, your skills and qualifications could be transferable to the financial advisor role.
Search for jobs
If you're interested in learning more, search for job opportunities now.
*Ranked No. 17 on Training magazine's 2015 Training Top 125 list. Edward Jones was the highest-ranking financial services firm.