Job: Graduate School Advisor
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use ourExternal Candidate Job Application Guide .
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCU’s staff or faculty expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use theInternal Candidate Job Application Guide .
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Graduate School Advisor for the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. This position is responsible for coordinating a comprehensive medical/graduate school advising program. Responsibilities include equipping students with the knowledge to be competitive graduate/medical school applicants, facilitating applications, delivering informational workshops, working within a team that includes centralized student counseling, and providing high-quality, personalized service.
If you would like to take a key role in student success by guiding our science majors down the path to medical or graduate school entry, and if you are highly motivated and passionate about providing exceptionally knowledgeable and quality guidance at a fast-growing and energetic Christian university, we would like to hear from you!
- Meets one-on-one with current students, prospective students, and alumni interested in applying to graduate programs.
- Develops and/or updates informational advising sessions and materials to keep current with trends and graduate admissions requirements.
- Designs and delivers group or one on one advising sessions targeted to students at various stages of the exploration and application process.
- Collaborates with academic departments, faculty, and partners within the community to coordinate campus-wide efforts to share graduate and
professional information with students.
- Serving as the point-of-contact for individuals at regional/national graduate programs
- Staying current on topics and practices related to graduate/medical school admissions.
- Collects and provides summary report with trends and recommendations about current student body progress and outcomes.
- Development of internal and external communities and relationships that promote the students, college, and University.
- Serves as liaison to the admissions offices at medical/graduate schools to promote the College programs and to gather/disseminate up-to-date information on professional program admissions requirements
- Provides recommendations to college management for curriculum design & development based on medical/graduate school admissions requirements.
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in physical science, behavioral sciences or health sciences. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have a work background, minimum one year, in higher education setting working with students’ academic needs, providing advising services, and/or coordinating support services.
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.
Posted 30+ Days Ago