Have money to
Make more money

Advising/Appointment FAQ | Student Services

Advising/Appointment FAQ

  • How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor?

    To schedule an appointment with your advisor go to and login with your okey information. Once you have logged in you will be able to view your advisors calendar and schedule an appointment. If you cannot get an appointment that best suits your schedule we have a walk-ins from 8:00-8:45AM daily on a first come, first serve basis. If it’s just a question you can also send your advisor an email or contact our office at 405-744-2772.

  • I need to cancel my appointment, how do I do it?

    To cancel an appointment please call our front desk at 405-744-2772 and they would be happy to cancel your appointment for you.

  • How can I add/drop a class?

    Courses can be added/dropped online prior to the end of the second week of class each semester. Short and winter intersession courses will have different deadlines for adding/dropping online (refer for specific information about add/drop deadlines). After online enrollment closes, you will need to have an add/drop card signed by an advisor even if the course has not started yet. Once you have met with your advisor to have the card signed, you will then take it over to the Registrar’s office in 324 Student Union.

  • What do I need to do if I’m graduating in the summer? Fall? Spring?

    First, schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor to determine which courses you need to complete for your degree. Once you have met with your advisor, he or she will help you sign up for a Graduation Check (sign-up sheet located at the front desk in 103 BUS). When you enroll for your final semester, you

    will want to be sure to fill out a Diploma Application form. The Diploma Application form is located under Student Records on SIS.

  • How do I request a tutor?

    The best way to sign up for a tutor is go to and login in with your short name and password. If you don’t know your short name the website will direct you to find it. Please note that it is important to sign up for these tutors in advance because they do book up and you can only book an appointment as far as a week out. If that option does not work for you, we suggest contact your instructor about other tutoring opportunities for the class.

  • I really need to get in a class but it’s closed, what can I do?

    To enroll in a closed course, you will need to visit with either the department or instructor for the course. If space allows, the department representative or instructor will help you fill out a Registration Permission Memo. It is helpful to know which section of the course you want to add. Once the form is complete, you will then take it over to the Registrar’s office in 324 Student Union. It is not a guarantee that you will be able to enroll in a CLOSED course

  • How do I apply for scholarships?

    Scholarships for the Spears School are offers a wide range of scholarships and you can apply for them all through one application. The application is sent out by the Dean’s Office between November-January with applications due in February. These scholarships are awarded for the following school year. Additionally we recommend you visit with scholarship and financial aid and you can visit their website here:

Category: Advisor

Similar articles: